RE: 164 heavy clutch

Yes, the 164 clutch usually do not live more than 10,000
miles. Some has much shorter life.
According to most members, the clutch will get heavier
as it worn out.  When I got my 164S at 35,000 miles, it was
heavy.  But after 2 months of use, it gets lighter and
smoother, the squeaky sound was gone too.  At 76,000 miles
now, it still smooth and not heavy at all.

I did bleed the clutch cylinder, I don't know that has
helped it or not. I noticed the clutch life varied greatly
depending on driver and driving condition and style.
Too many stop and go traffic will certianly not help.
But it is the driver that really makes the difference.

Karl 92 164S

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]