Torrey Pines Concours and Hill Climb

A vintage hill climb on the North Torrey Pines Road in La Jolla, CA is
being held on Saturday, 17 October.  Entry fee is $250.  Last year we
had P3 s/n 50001 which recently sold for $6M, a TZ2, a GTV, Abarth Boano
Spider, plus assorted Ferraris (275GTB Comp, 275LM), miscellaneous
P-cars and a '27 MB SSK with a total loss lube system.  It is a
non-spectator event this year.  Only entry is by entering or working the
event.  I am organizing the operations of the event.

The Torrey Pines Concours d'Elegance on Sunday, 18 October is being held
on the north Torrey Pines golf course in La Jolla.  Featured marque is
Alfa Romeo and Vintage Race Cars.  We hoped to have the ex-Spagg/Sparken
Alfetta but the new owner evidently wanted too much dinero to transport
the car.  We will have at a minimum an Mille Miglia winning 8C2900B
Berlinetta, C2900B Spider, 6C2500 Spider plus an 8C2300, 6C1750 Zagato
Spider plus some of Said's cars.

Car entry for judging or exhibition at the concours is by invitation and
is free.  Anyone out there with a concours quality Alfa they want to
exhibit please drop me a post and I will see that you get an entry
application.  I have proposed Pat Braden and my son Dave Mericle, Jr as
judges for the Alfa categories.

I am also organizing an Alfa car display at the entrance to the
conours.  Cars should be very presentable but not concours quality.  Fee
is one entry to the concours, $15.  We still have space.  Drop me a line
if interested.

Dave Mericle
Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES