Torrey Pines Concours and Hill Climb

The Torrey Pines Concours d'Elegance, featuring Alfa Romeo and Vintage
Race Cars, will be held Sunday, 18 October at the north Torrey Pines
golf course in La Jolla, CA.  The only 158 Alfetta in private hands will
be featured plus whatever else Symbolic Motors happens to have in stock
- - like a P3, 8C2900s, etc.. Info on the concours is available on their
web site - www.wsites.com/torreypines/index.html, email is
torreypines1@domain.elided, phone 619/642-7469, fax 619/642-7505.

I am organizing an Alfa car show at the entrance to the concours.  The
only cost will the price of admission to the concours - $15 in advance.
The cars need not be concours quality but should be basically clean,
have glossy paint and chrome and otherwise as original as possible.
Contact me by email at ok3wire@domain.elided for entry applications and
info.

I am also organizing a vintage hill climb on the North Torrey Pines Road
on Saturday, 17 October as part of the concours weekend.  Entry packets
will be available next week.  Base price is $250.  We will limit the
number of entries to 60 and have had ~ 400 requests for information with
no advertising.  Last year we had the P3, a TZ2, SZ, garden variety
ferraris (275LM) and a '27 MB SSK.  This is a non-spectator event except
for entrants, drivers, crew and workers.  The San Diego chapter is
providing some course workers.  Contact me direct for further info.

Finally, there will be a Christies auction Saturday evening, the 17th.
John Moores, world's greatest MLB owner of our Padres,  has donated
about 10 cars to the auction - including a NART Spyder.

All proceeds for the events go to the Institute for Childhood and
Neglected Diseases at The Scripps Research Institute.

Stay tuned,

Dave Mericle
Leucadia, CA  BEACH-N-RIDES