33 wagon testing versus 75TS

Jonathan

I used to have a 33 1.7 Sportwagon and then had a 75 TS (and
have now gone back to a 33)

Performance is similar, but the 75 does need a lot of throttle
to really take off. The variable valve timing only works beyond
a certain, supposedly small, throttle opening. With full thorttle
it would really wake up at 4500rpm. Although a 33 has
300cc less (ok, 217cc) and has 30 hp less it also weighs
about 30% less which makes up for a lot. Both are around
9.5 seconds for 0-60, although the 75 has about a 10mph
advantage in top speed (and the major advantage of brakes
that work).

The 33 does have a rev limiter unless it is using a cheap =

rotor arm. Basically it is a sprung weight which shorts out the
spark if the rotor arm spins to quickly (Bosch ignition). It
should be a 6700rpm cutoff, although an XR3 rotor arm will
fit but has a 6300rpm cutoff.

The 33 back seat is very poor, as the seat is quite low compared =

to the 75, which means you want lots more leg room.

On series 2 33's you can swap the drivers and passenger seats
over to even out wear. At the same time swap the spacers over =

from under the backs of the seat rail to under the fronts to
give you more support under your knees.

As to wheel spin, it comes down to the level of abuse you are =

prepared to give out. I would think a 75 could be made to do that
but I would not  like the bill for new tyres and clutches.

All the best

Keith

PS, Try :-
http://www.ctip.be/alfa