Re: GTV6 suspension geometry

Hello all!
	After nearly a year of stagnation, I'm finally getting back to my own GTV6
project car, so I've been closely following the threads regarding the 116's
suspension.  Since there are so many wise and intelligent people in this
conversation, I feel compelled to inject a little ignorance (being Alfa
folks, I'm sure we can all appreciate good balance).
	I was recently the proud winner of the opportunity to purchase Steve
Hoffins' rear Shankle sport springs for my GTV6.  My initial thinking was
that this would stiffen up the back end and alleiviate some understeer (I
realize this is far form a complete solution).
	In the conversations regarding reducing geometry-induced understeer as a
result of body roll, I've noticed what to me appears to be an obvious
omission: reducing roll in the back (via stiffer springs or a thicker rear
bar) also reduces the roll of the front end.  I mean... the car isn't
flexing THAT much - the GTV6 is no flimsy little drop-top (sorry, sorry...
couldn't resist).  So, why then wouldn't you add a stiffer rear bar and
reap the benefits of both weight transfer and reduced roll at the same
time, instead of adding a stiffer bar at the front where the two are
working against each other?

	Cheers,
	 -Brad Porter		Williamston, Michigan USA
	  http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/5300
	  ICQ/UIN: 3011142
	  83 Silver Alfa Romeo GTV6 (The Good Twin)
	  85 Black Alfa Romeo GTV6 (The Evil Twin)
	  88 Pontiac Fiero GT (The Italian-American Step-sister)

End of alfa-digest V7 #129