re: Alfa vs Toyota

eugene,

i have to agree w/brian shorey, who pretty much points out why the mr2 is
superior, and therefore concludes: i'll take the spider!

but i've owned neither of these cars.  i have, however, owned a gen 1 mr2, and
currently own a gtv6.  if i had to choose mundane reliability over soul,
emotion, etc; i'd sell both & get a gen 1 mr2 - supercharged, if you must, or
aftermarket turbo kits are awailable for this car.  i'd do that, cuz my personal
opinion is that the gen 2 mr2 is... how can i put this delicately?  an eyesore!
yeah, that's it, an eyesore! at least the gen 1 mr2 has some strange
personality.

for me in nyc, i'd sell both & go for a gtv6:  more practical than either mr2 or
the spider, lotsa power, and not many problems, if cared for.  i've put 60k
miles on mine in about 3.5 years (not gently!), and pretty much yust normal wear
& maintenance.  except for performance enhancements!  :>)

ciao for now,

doug s