Re: Long distance purchase

Gordy,

I had posted my long distance shopping story on here in March.  I was all
set to buy a 164 from West Suburban Auto Group in Chicago, I am in New york.
 They have a very large inventory of Alfas.  I flew out and the car was not
as described.  I had asked very specific questions about the car and was
assured that there were no indications of major body work.  Upon arrival the
first thing I notice is that the car is 2 colors of red.  This was no minor
variation of shade but 2 completely different colors!  After asking various
questions I found out the the sales rep. knew of this problem well enough in
advance to warn me off.  $500.00 for 2 one way airline tickets.  If you buy
long distance buy it from someone on the Digest or see if a kind member,
local to the purchase location, will check it out for you.  I did buy my 164
in Washington, DC but that was only a 3.5 hour train ride.  Stay as local as
you can!

Glenn Emerson
91 164L