69 Spider Head Gasket project

Linn and I were planning on attending Sunday's Ohio Valley AROC function

in Yellow Springs, OH.  I went out to the barn to check over the car
prior to breakfast.  When I pulled the radiator cap to check the fluid,
discovered the infamous light milkly brown froath clinging to the cap.
Finger dipped the radiator, and, yea...  head gasket problems.

Figure it's the oil O rings as I have not lost compression.  Oil on dip
stick looks normal, so perhaps I caught this early.  Decided to get
started immediately after breakfast.  Took probable an  hour just
sitting up the area, getting the car up on the repair platform before
the real work started.  By 4:30PM the head was ready to be pulled but I
had run out of gas.  Anticapating a struggle to get the head free from
the block, I decided to call it a day.

Wondered if those who have pulled the head on one of these 4
bangers before would offer any secrets regarding good approaches to free

the head from the block minimizing any unwanted actions?  I've heard of
cranking
the engine breifly to break the head free.  It's a scarely thought but
if this is the tried and true approach, I'm game.

Paul Weimer
69 1750 Spider