The Alfa Competition Advisory Service

Thankyou John for the fascinating background on the
Competition Advisory Service in Digest no.116, and the
mouthwatering snippets from it. I guess this is a forlorn hope, but
I don't suppose the paper publication has ever been converted
into electronic form (i.e. a PC file), for more general access ?
(Well I did say I thought it was a forlorn hope.....).

Secondly, among the snippets John mentioned were the 16-valve
engines. While I think I may have seen one or two other
references  to these creations, I've certainly never seen any more
than a brief mention here and there, so I don't really know
anything about them...... their layout, who produced the engines
or how or where or when, or whatever became of them, etc.
I wonder if John and/or others would feel like posting some
background or reminiscences or whatever about the 16-valve
engines, for the interest of readers like me who have somehow
missed out on seeing anything written about this corner of Alfa
Romeo history ?

And finally, another snippet mentioned by John was the
"Tasman" version of the 2.5L V8.   Ears prick up! Was this
"Tasman" anything to do with the Tasman Sea down-under.....
i.e. was it an Alfa engine with some connection to NZ or Oz ?

Best regards,
Graham H,
NZ. (Alfetta, GTV, Alfasud).