Re: Alfetta GT Windshield Replacement

insite1@domain.elided wrote:

> I bought a new GTV6 windshield gasket after a "down to bare metal" paint
> job, took the car to Speedy Auto Glass and they put my old windshield
> together with the new gasket and it has lasted 6 years so far. The guys
> at Speedy made a point of mentioning that it took three guys to do the
> install!

3 guys??

A couple or three years ago when I replaced the rusted vent panel
below the windscreen on my '78 alfetta GTV, I wimped out about
removing the windscreen and called "Windscreens O'Brien" here
in Sydney.  One, shuffling little guy turned up in a van, popped
the window out (complete!) charged me a nominal sum and disappeared.

Once I had finished the job, he turned up again, popped it back in
without a care (no leaks even), charged a fraction more and
happily drove into the distance.  I was amazed.  He only used
a piece of string and a suction cup to attach to the screen.  He
even glued my mirror back on (when I bought the car and towed it
home, the mirror was on the floor).  Why does it take 3 guys
to do this job?  Was this guy the Ultimate Windscreen Guy?  I love
watching people who are good at their job.

dave.