164 LS windshield wiper arm contacting Hood

Digesti:
The massive driver's side windshield wiper arm on my 164 barely has
clearance in park position.  In recent rains, (the drought has broken
thank God) it was necessary to operate the wipers at high speed and now
at the maximum of their extension there is paint scraped off the lip
underneath the hood.  The good news, it's right in front of the driver
so I can't ignore it.  I need to get some rust suppressing chemical then
prime it and touch it up.  But, that won't do much good unless I can
adjust the wiper arm or the hood.

Anyone else have this problem?

Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX USA