Re: Oil on the hood of my 86 Spider Quad

In message , denman <denman@domain.elided> writes
>I've had this problem for about four months. I've had the head gasket =

>replaced, valve cover gasket replaced twice, the engine has been gunked =

>and steam cleaned, it's spotless. I've had three different mechanics loo=
k =

 =

 =

>to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Where do you drive when you get this oil on the hood? If you drive on the=

interstate  or other high-speed highways where there are many trucks, the=
check for the possibility of hyd/motor oil blown back from some of them. =
used to travel I-85 a lot and would always have these long streaks of oil=

from the front of the hood all the way back. Luckily, it didn't come from=

my car.

Hope it's that easy for you.....

Jim Roth, White Rock NM USA
'94 Land Rover Discovery