Re: Oil on the hood of my 86 Spider Quad

In message , denman <denman@domain.elided> writes
>I've had this problem for about four months. I've had the head gasket
>replaced, valve cover gasket replaced twice, the engine has been gunked
>and steam cleaned, it's spotless. I've had three different mechanics look
>at it, including Algar in Rosemeont, PA. Not one of them can find where
>this oil is coming from. They say there are no leaks to be found. Yet I
>still have this oil that comes up onto the exterior of the hood and
>streaks back towards the windshield. Is there a place the oil can
>accumulate thats out of sight? Maybe its from the leaking I had from the
>bad head gasket and no one can find it. I'm lost. I don't know what else
>to do. Any help would be appreciated.
I had a Morris a long long time ago that could blow the dipstick out of
its hole and blow oil out of the hole. It only did this under full or
nearly full load so it was difficult to diagnose. Possible?
- --
Jonathan Coates
33 wagon daily driver
164LV6 in bits