Re: The Competition Advisory Service

John et. al.:

JHertzman@domain.elided wrote:

> Bill Bain, advising Gregory Scott, wrote "the Alfa Competition Manual that was
> put together by AROC years ago lays it all out -- you don't have to re-invent
> the wheel" and  Mark Battley responded "I've heard mention of this before: is
> it still available?"

> some great stuff deleted.....

> It is marvelous browsing, my copy is NOT for sale, but I will probably find
> more of direct use, for my limited purposes today, in Jim Kartamalakis' book.
> (So would Gregory, I expect.) If you find a copy of the CAS in a flea market,
> grab it, settle in a comfortable chair, and enjoy-
>
> John H.

  Years ago, the Dallas Alfa dealer Precision Motors had a copy and I ordered and
installed a heavy duty rally clutch as the first step in preparing my '67 GTV for
some serious rallying.  Too bad finishing grad school forced me to trade for a '63
Guilia Sprint and some cash.  My thoughts or 'Pro Rallying' the GTV were
derailed.  Before I traded it, though I did meet and woo my spouse Diana.  Our
first date was a rally in the little 'ochre' colored GTV.

At any rate, two items to throw into the discussion.  Would any of the parts
listed such as the aforementioned clutch still be available? (or is this just a
nostalgia item today?)  And maybe some of the long time Alfa mechanics, or
longtime Alfa Dealers might just have a copy?

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett