Re: 164 vibrations

Well, guys ( and gal or two) I've joined the parade. My '91 164L's
steering vibrates. The wheels have been balanced, rotated and rebalanced,
but the vibration remains. Could worn CV joints have any effect?--Mine
has 108K miles on it--what kind of mileage do the other "vibratees" cars
have on them?

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Peter Webb wrote:

> RBoniface@domain.elided wrote:
>
> I,too, used to think that this was the problem.  However, it is interesting
> that the 164 is the only car I've ever owned which has exhibited this
> characteristic and it is
> also such a common complaint among other 164 owners.  The fact that it has
> --
> there has been at least one instance of a loose steering rack
> reported here on the digest lately.  this would certainly account
> for all the symptoms.   let us know if this turns out to the case.
>
> Peter

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******