Re: 164 vibrations

Alan said:

>Well, guys ( and gal or two) I've joined the parade. My '91 164L's
>steering vibrates. The wheels have been balanced, rotated and rebalanced,
>but the vibration remains. Could worn CV joints have any effect?--Mine
>has 108K miles on it--what kind of mileage do the other "vibratees" cars
>have on them?

My Milano vibrates due to worn caster bushings.
I just can't find the time to work on my car lately.

I wanted to clarify that when I said loose, I meant
the actual bolts that secure the rack to the car, not
the joints in the rack.  Last person who mentioned
this said it was a quick and immediate fix.

I'm just repeating what I read and don't have any first
hand knowledge of the problem.  Perhaps those who
have can speak in more detail.

Peter