164 Rear Main Seal & Cigarette Seal

Hello Alfistis,

I have some basic questions. On a V6 164L can you replace the rear main seal
without affecting the cigarette seal? I assume the cigarette seal is mounted
between the rear main bearing cap and the block. I looked on the 164 Car Disk
and I could not find any reference to a cigarette seal. In the manual it is
not very clear if the cigarette seal comes in contact with the rear seal.

Also, the manual says to apply Loctite 270(green) on the flywheel bolts. I can
only find Loctite 271(red). Is this good enough? On the bolts I removed, the
dealer used a gray thread locker which made removing them very difficult, even
after being loosened. I had actually thought that the bolts had been cross threaded.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Robert
91 164L