Re: 164 Rear Main Seal & Cigarette Seal

Robertone <Robertone@domain.elided> writes:
> Hello Alfistis,
>
> I have some basic questions. On a V6 164L can you replace the rear main seal
> without affecting the cigarette seal? I assume the cigarette seal is mounted
> between the rear main bearing cap and the block. I looked on the 164 Car Disk
> and I could not find any reference to a cigarette seal. In the manual it is
> not very clear if the cigarette seal comes in contact with the rear seal.

I have my 2.5l Milano engine apart now...it should be the same. Yes, the
cig seals are between the block and the rear bearing cap. They do not contact
the rear seal. You can replace the rear seal without removing the cap. You
just have to remove the flywheel.
I haven't looked for green loctite yet. Mine was assembled with the grey
stuff too and it took the air rachet a good long time on each bolt.
- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6        '87 Milano Gold         '94 164LS Auto
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm

End of alfa-digest V7 #105