Re: 105 Clutch not disengaging

I just re-read my reply to Giro Maurici about his clutch not disengaging,
and more improtantly re-read his question which was:

>Lately my car seems to surge as if the clutch has
>not fully disengaged itself...it is especially noticeable
>when I need to accelerate quickly at about 3000 rpm,
>it just revs higher but hesitates as if the clutch is
>half engaged ?

I'm going to have to invoke Oscar Wilde here and say that we're two
cultures separated by a common language.

Here in the states, we see the clutch as a connecting mechanism. When
you "engage" the clutch you connect the engine to the gearbox and drive
away. To "disengage" the clutch is to separate the engine and gearbox
in order to shift, stop, etc.

Apparently, in Oz they view the clutch as a separating mechanism. To
"disengage" the clutch is to connect the engine and gearbox and vice versa.

Sorry for the confusion and sorry in advance for this explanation which
most likely made things worse...

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  Black holes are where God divided by zero. |
| Livermore, CA		      |             - Anon.                         |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |