Re: Spider seat conversion

>I do believe that you can upgrade your Spider's seats to a newer model's
>more comfortable ones. I know this has been done before, someone took
>out there damnable 83 Spider's seats in favor of some more luxurious
>ones from like a Quadrifolio or something. This is certainly something
>that I am planning to do sometime. Alfa made some fun cars, but they
>sure did not pay much attention to driver comfort level, did they?

I've never had a problem with the comfort of the 1971-1979 seats, I just
wish they'd covered them in something other than vinyl, which makes me
sweat too much. Since the passenger seat in my '78 is somewhat damaged
and I have an '82 parts car with leather seats that are in passable
condition, I'm planning on swapping the leather ones in and eventually
having them recovered when I do the entire interior over. All the seat
tracks and mountings are the same, the early seats afford a large person
a little extra room compared to the later ones.

My biggest beef in comfort is the fact that there's no way to hold the
throttle comfortably on a long trip. The floor is sloped oddly just under
where my heel should go which means I have to hold my leg in position the
entire time. After two or three hours of driving, it often takes me a few
minutes just to be able to stand up again. Long legs are often not a
blessing.

Godfrey