Re: 164 Front End Vibration

Hi all,

I have never had the tire balance problem. First of all, my tire of
choice is Pirelli.  The previous owner of my 164L told of buying new
Pirelli tires that resulted in a vibration problem. He went back to NTB,
the tire retailer, they advised trading up to Michelin Energy MXV4. No
vibration! BTW, oversize 205x65 15, the Energy designation is a design
with reduced weight for a more efficient spin up to speed.

I got close to 30k miles on the MXV4 with a very small loss in ride
quality as the tires aged. Why change something that works? I bought the
exact same tires about two months back, off-car dynamic balance, no
vibration.

The MXV is sticky enough for me. IMHO, if you need a stickier tire, you
should purchase a set of dedicated track tires anyway.

Regards,
Ken Stevenson