Oil/water temp combo

Hi all

Whilst reading the September issue of European Car, I came across the
article on installing some gauges on a B.*.*.  Just then a thought crossed
my mind.

Can I install a temp sender somewhere in oil of the car to read from the
water temp guage with a selector switch?  I don't have a oil temp gauge and
I don't know what the normal oil temp will be for a 105 Alfa.  It may be out
of the range of the water temp guage.  Can someone share some knowhow on the
feasibility of this?

To those who have inaccurate gauges...I noticed when I was
refurbishing/repairing my gauges - when you turn on the ign to power the
dash without starting, the needles should come alive at the first or lowest
mark on the guage face.  I think (someone can correct me here) that this
first mark is for calibration between the guage and sender.  I set all my
guages to read from this point and have what I believe to be realistic
readings - especially for the oil pressure gauge which originally was way
below this line when switched on.  The gauge needle can be repositioned by
moving a balance weight on the needle assembly.

No one discussed this before and I apologised if it has.

Andrew C
71 1300 GTj