Re: 164 vibration

RBoniface@domain.elided writes:
> If the car is parked overnight in a cool garage
> it is almost sure to vibrate on the way to work in the morning.  Drive it home
> after a day parked in a hot parking lot and it probably won't.
Same here.

> When attempting
> to have the wheels stroboscopically balanced on the car the mechanic said the
> wheels were moving all over the place.  When removed from the car and placed
> on the balancer they were fine.  I wish someone would figure this one out!
Same here, but only with one of the wheels (LR). He spent about 25 minutes
on one wheel and couldn't get it right. And this is a guy who has been doing
on-car balancing for years (it's an art). He didn't see anything wrong with
the wheel either.
After this, I replaced the rear shocks thinking that it might be a strange
failure there, but no luck.

- --
Colin Verrilli     Raleigh, NC     verrilli@domain.elided
'84 GTV6 - R134 conversion almost done
'87 Milano Gold - engine apart on bench
'94 164LS Auto - otherwise just fine
Mid-Atlantic Alfa Romeo Club (MAARC) Treasurer
MAARC Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380
164 Home Page:    /alfa/FAQ/164
NOS Alfa Parts for sale: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2380/cbvparts.htm