Re: Wheel Paint

I recently painted the Campantura "Turbina" style wheels from my '74
Spider. I used Plasti-Kote Flexible Bumper & Trim Color, #1897 Silver
Metallic. Very nice results. Metallic paint but not over "bright" as
compared to OEM. Hoping that the bumper flex additives will help to
minimize chipping.

Clean the wheels as thoroughly as you can, then wipe the cleaned
surface with alcohol as final prep to remove dust and fingerprints.
Apply the paint in thin coats.
It dries very fast (20-30 minutes between coats).
WARNING: It is temperature sensitive--- DO NOT USE ABOVE 75F, OR THE
PAINT MAY "BALL-UP" AND
                                                          CREATE A
FLATTER, DUSTY FINISH.

I had to respray once because of this problem.
Now is a good time of year (in North America) to use this paint from
a temperature standpoint.
Good luck!

Forza,

Mike Iannantuono
urcp49b@domain.elided
Wilmington, NC (USA)

74 Spider Veloce 2000
76 & 81 Spider/79 & 80 Sprint Veloce parts available
AROC #35371