Re: alfa-digest 911 service

At 10:47 AM 9/8/98 -0400, Colin Verrilli wrote:
>This sounds like a good idea to me...
>I don't think that it would be misused.

>"Brian Shorey" <bshorey@domain.elided> writes:
>> how would people (and richard) feel about a digest header keyword,
something
>> like EMERGENCY, or 911, that would send such a message immediately to all
>> digest members in single message format?

it's not a bad idea -- but it does present some implementation issues, as
we are using a standard mailing list software package (majordomo) that
doesn't provide for such a feature "out of the box".

i can see ways of providing such a service -- i'll need to think on it.
there are numerous issues, both technical and policy, that need to be
considered here (for example, should there be a way for a digest subscriber
to say "no, i don't want to get 911 postings."? probably...)

maybe i should just start a parallel "alfa-911" mailing list with no digest
version at all... that might be the simplest solution.

richard