stuck clutch

>2. If this doesn't work, try to drive away with the car still in gear
(perhaps
>stop and start again in second gear). Keep foot on clutch while you
accelerate
>and brake vigorously: be brutal and hopefully it will release: watch the
revs if
>it lets go while you are accelerating!

Once had a 914 (stop laughing...) that had the same symtoms.  After trying
the above technique as well as staring it on a jack in 2nd then having a
friend drop the jack to jar the clutch, the only progress made was in
creating several nice tire marks on the driveway.  We later opened up the
trans and the clutch disk came free with only the small prying of a
screwdriver.  Hardly seemed possible that it had been able to stand up to
the abuse we put it through given how easily it came free when disassembled,
but so it was...

Don Happel      zelatore@domain.elided
Shemp Mo-Din Italian Motorsports
95 Magna - 93 Lightning - 83 GTV6 - 78 Spider - assorted Alfettas

"It's good to go very fast" - Peter Egan