I80 and Alfas

>younger brother is driving his new (87) spider back from California, looks
>like the bellhousing cracked.  he's somewhere in Nevada on i80 east, going
>to try to get aaa to tow him towards salt lake city.

So what is it about Spiders and this particular stretch of interstate?  When
I was driving my 78 Spider from Indiana to Monterey last month, I lost the
rear U-joint (at about 90 mph!) just before getting to the Nevada line.  I
was able to repair it the next morning, but then I had to cross Nevada in
the middle of the day.  Hours of 110+ degree heat with the top down, of
course.

It's a good thing I'll be towing my GTV6 next month when I cross the salt
again.  :)

Don Happel      zelatore@domain.elided
Shemp Mo-Din Italian Motorsports
95 Magna - 93 Lightning - 83 GTV6 - 78 Spider - assorted Alfettas

"It's good to go very fast" - Peter Egan