Re: Stepnose rumors and bellybuttons

I'm posting the following for Peter Lundquist who seems to be having
problems with his company's firewall.

- - Jack
- ----------

Okay, I've stayed out of this long enough ... but now is the time for
rumor and lies! But really, I heard from old Alfa hacks that the step
nose got its shape from the fact that Bertone, et al, could not make the
compound angles all fit together at the front of the car. I happen to be
a happy idiot '69 GTV owner that stripped the car to bare metal last
year. And the metal work at that junction where the fender, front
valance, and strip ahead of the hood all meet is pure art. But hey, I am
easily impressed. Besides, these opinions about who is best, blah blah
blah, are like bellybuttons ... everyone has one.

I love Alfas and their owners (for the most part) because they are so
passionate. So of course I think I own the best GTV, and Brian Shorey
thinks his is best, and the best one for a newby may indeed be a '74,
and, Turner is pretty cool too (for a stepnose I mean!)

I'll crawl back under that rock now ...
Peter Lundquist
San Mateo CA
'69 GTV