Re: aircraft speeding tickets

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Bill Bergman wrote:

> Chris said: "However, if officer "A" makes the observation and officer
> "B" writes the citation, officer "B" can only provide "hear say"
> testimony, which is illegal."
>
> Just my opinion, but I would guess that the CHP airplane would simply
> radio the color of the Alfa, along with a general location, and the CHP
> car on the ground would track the offending Alfa, guage the speed and
> pull it over. No hearsay involved. Not that any Alfa owner would ever
> speed!
>
> I must have missed something on this one, but I will keep my top down.

Your assumption ain't right. The plane measures the speed and radios it
to the parked cars--they pull out bewhind, ask the air if the car they
are tailing is the miscreant, then turn on their lights and stop him---At
least that's what the CHP officer who ticketed me told me!

> Bergie

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******