spider fans redux

Chris Sasso is hesitant about replacing his stock Spider fan with a smaller
one.  Understating considerably, I am no physicist but I HAVE had a fan
blade fly through the radiator, at dusk, near Massacre Cliff, in the Arizona
desert, and it is something to be avoided.  It was awfully quiet out there
and hearing our coolant hit the asphalt like a cow pissing on a flat rock
was downright disheartening.
Seems to me that a smaller fan has less pull from centrifugal force on its
blades, so a smaller fan or one with thinner blade tips (locally referred to
as a "GTA style fan") has a lot less stress on its structure.  And, having
only 2 blades reduces the chance of one flying off by 2/3 from stock
configuration.  So I run a cut down 2 blade fan and my temp yesterday in
traffic and high 90'sF ambient got about a nick above 180, no more.
I do not have an air conditioner and avoid traffic jams as much as I can.  I
also plan to install an electric fan this winter, but meantime, the 2 blade
fan is good.
Ciao tutti,
Joe