Spider Windows

I somehow missed the original post, but I've had a little experience
that might come in handy, depending on what's going on.  I note that you
have a spider with power windows, which raise ok but don't lower very
well.

 I had a similar problem with my spider.  The passenger side window
would come up fine, but when going down, would get stuck in the front,
and I'd have to manually push down on the front of the window to get it
all the way down.

I went to my local dealer and asked for a new regulator cable.  He
(Dick, at Beverly Hills Alfa) said, "well, I have one;  it's $95.  But
check that the window is tightly connected to the cable before you
bother replacing it"  (Thanks, Dick (who is probably not on the digest,
but it never hurts to be polite)).
Anyway, I kept my $95, went home took the door apart, and sure enough,
the screw that attached the glass the glass to the cable in front was
loose.  I tightened it.  Took me all of about 25 minutes, counting
removing and replacing the door panel.

As I said, I didn't catch the original post on this, and it sounds like
you've already been in there.  But I thought this might help.

Good luck, and happy motoring

Hal Taylor
'86 spider veloce "Strega" (with perfectly functional power windows)
Venice CA