Re: Spider Windows

KJM wrote:

> First make sure that the cable is over all of the pulleys,

looks okay

> second, as
> the cable winds onto the motor, make sure that it does not become
> crossed,  if it becomes crossed then the motor will fight itself to
> pull
> the window up and down.

When I had the panel off, I forgot this part of your reply, but, it now
seems a likely candidate.  The window raises fine but 8 of 10 times it
lowers v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y.  One day this week I will have another
look.  If this is the problem, do you know of a way to keep it from
reoccuring?

> lastly, new cable assemblies are avaliable w/o motor for around
> $100.00
> if you need to replace them.

That's good news, if that's what I need because my IAP catalog lists the
motor @ $99.95 or the entire assembly @ 241.00.  What supplier(s) would
you recommend who sells only the regulator?

> DO NOT USE USED PARTS, you are only asking
> for the trouble again,  ask me how i know : -(.  I just finished
> re-doing my drivers door again b/c of this mistake the first time.

That sounds like good advice.

Any further help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rodney G. Tidwell