Re : cheap alfa trip and ... water pump fixit

>Date: Sat, 29 Aug 1998 09:46:33 -0700
>From: "Wendy Wood/Carson Damm" <dammwood@domain.elided>
>Subject: cheap alfa trip
>
>You guys are missing the point. Get a 1750 berlina with carbs, then all you
>NEED in your trunk is points, cond, cap, rotor and a water pump.:-) If you
>have the part any shop can do it because you have to pull the crank pulley.
>Get a membership in the AAA and bring along a fixit book ( braden's owner's
>bible). Sounds cheap and easy. Flame on!!
>
>Carson Damm

I've changed water pumps at least five times on various GTVs/Berlinas and
not once have had to remove the crank pulley. I've also posted my method to
the digest at least as many times and it has been reposted in various forms
many many times by others since.... Time to give up!

Les -in Wellington, NZ,  with big smile after local boy (an last season -
mtb racer for fun) Aaron Slight's two firsts in Superbikes this morning our
time... YEA!