Re: Euro/US parking lights for "Bertones"

John Hertzman writes ...

>> The headlights are Carello units with halogen bulbs, and one on
each side (sorry, don't know if inboard or outboard) has a small
socket (ca. 12mm inside diameter) about 40mm below the axis of the
unit. This, I was told by what I believe was a reliable source,
allowed the small bulb of appropriate modest power to serve as both a
white parking light and as a "city light" in <<

John, when I was back in Sydney (and much, much younger too, I might
add) I had a 70's Ford Escort (British version) which had exactly this
arrangement. I'm pretty sure that the mid 70's Ford Cortinas also had
a similar arrangement.

I seem to recall that I've even sen it in a slightly modified version
too, where the headlamp was a sealed beam type, with an "opening" in
the reflector material only - the unit remained sealed. Postioned
behind this opening - virtually just hanging there - was a bulb in a
translucent plastic housing. This bulb was the parking lamp.

g.
Gary Stark              74 Alfa Spider
gstark@domain.elided  87 Alfa Milan (truncated)
http://redbacksWeb.com  91 Mercedes 190E