Euro/US parking lights for "Bertones"

In AD7-066 Neil Cotie in Aachen writes, following the parking-light thread,
"This whole business is going to a pain for me when I get to go through the
German TUeV with my us version bertone, as I've been told that they absolutely
require white parking lights (Standlichten oder Parkleuchte). If this proves
to be true, I'll have to install some tiny additional white lights somewhere,
or see if they will accept the main headlight beams as a parking light. If
anyone in europe can comment on this, please do!"

I'm not in Europe, but I have the remains of a wrecked 1984 GTV with a
somewhat murky history. It was pranged in North Carolina when near new (1,400
miles) with US bumpers and amber parking lights, but European headlights. The
headlights are Carello units with halogen bulbs, and one on each side (sorry,
don't know if inboard or outboard) has a small socket (ca. 12mm inside
diameter) about 40mm below the axis of the unit. This, I was told by what I
believe was a reliable source, allowed the small bulb of appropriate modest
power to serve as both a white parking light and as a "city light" in certain
(unidentified) jurisdictions where it is illegal to drive with full-power
headlights. Since Carello made these units in the smaller size for more modern
cars like the GTV-6 it seems quite possible that the larger size required for
a 105/115 car would also have been available. Possibly worth looking into.

Alternately, since the outboard lights of the "Bertone" are full-function
headlights in their own right, with the inboard "headlights" as supplementary
driving lights (were on mine, anyhow) it should be possible to fudge in an
appropriately modest bulb in the inboard lights if they are not sealed-beams,
and simply use them as interim parking lights for the duration.

John