Re: Alfa tourist

Dana

> Ben Dixon is contemplating a 3-month tour around the > US in a
low-buck Alfa
> and asks whether it would be feasible.
> The tour, in my opinion, is a wonderful idea.  I've

I couldn't agree more.

> As to whether Ben could buy a suitable Alfa for his >target price of
$500,
> I'd think it might be possible to find a whole, >running Alfetta
sedan or

Actually, I would think that perhaps he could find a somewhat
servicable Milano for just a few more bucks too.

It might have some extra air inlet ports in the bodywork, but given
the intended useage ...

My primary concern with an alfa would be the twin problems of parts
supply plus good mechanic supply. i know that ben said he can do the
work himself, but equally, he will be visiting here for a short time.

With what toolkit, one might ask rhetorically?

I would tend to agree with the suggestion that an older full-size (or
maybe a VW Microbus? - I can just hear Arlo singing now ... ) might be
a better and more serviceable/workable suggestion.

g.
Gary Stark              74 Alfa Spider
gstark@domain.elided  87 Alfa Milan (truncated)
http://redbacksWeb.com  91 Mercedes 190E