Re: Suspension Mods

> From: REUBEN ERICKSON <HEYRUBE@domain.elided>
>
> Tom - several days ago you asked for info on suspension mods. I had done
> an article in the OVERHEARD CAMS the ARA monthly, I think about 1994 to 95
> in a series of three articles almost exclusively on suspension. In that
> article you will see my ignorance and what worked and what didn't. You
> might get copies the article from Jack Hagerty who is ARA tech guru. He
> is at jack@domain.elided

Thanks for the plug, Rube, but I wouldn't place myself on the pedestal
of tech guru for the club. That honor goes to guys like Bob Wandell (who
does it for a living), Tom Sahines (who does it on the side for a living)
and Jim Stephens (who just lives it). All false modesty aside, I have an
incredible depth of experience on exactly one car and, by extension, a
fairly popular range of Alfas (the Spica injected 2-liters). These other
guys know first hand the new ones, the old ones and everything in between
because they've taken them all apart and screwed them back together again.
True, I did do tech for a few years, but I think of myself more like a
tech manager. I know enough to understand your problem and where to send
you for the *real* answer :-)

Anyway, back to your suspension series, what I *do* do is more along the lines
of unofficial club archiveist. I find old articles and sell back issues.  The
suspension series you mentioned were in the Feb/Mar/Apr 1995 issues. If anyone
would like copies, they're $1 each plus $.75 P&H. Just send me mail to the
address Rube mentioned above (which is repeated in my .sig).

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| jack@domain.elided   |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |  Black holes are where God divided by zero. |
| Livermore, CA		      |             - Anon.                         |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |