re: Bertone GTV bumpers

Marcus asked about the vertical bumper guards on 1969 and 1971 Giulia
coupes in the US.  As I recall, 1969 coupes did not have these pieces,
called "rostri cromati" in Italian books, but 1971 models did.  The only
1969 model coupe officially sold in the US was the 1750, and it had plain
bumpers with a thick cross-section.  The 1971 model (there was no 1970
model for the US) was also a 1750, but had thinner bumpers with chrome and
rubber bumper guards, like the later 2000 coupes.

Alfa being Alfa, no doubt there are several variations, complicated by 1971
being the transitional year between the 1750 and 2000 series, so any answer
to this question is probably wrong.  My books are still in storage, but
maybe John can enlighten us with a flip through Fusi and D'A-T.

Dana