re: Bertone GTV bumpers

i was interested in Marc Alley's thoughts on GTV bumpers. i agree that
the added-on dampers don't look as good as the naked look, and more than
once i've thought about removing them from my 1974 2000 GTV. not to
mention, the rubber pads don't plug into the dampers as well as they
should, and i find myself having to push them into place every now and
then by hand...

on the other hand, i use my car daily (in the summer) and the dampers
give me a bit of peace of mind when i park on the street. here's my
thinking: what's the point of removing the dampers if the aesthetic
benefits disappear with the first car that backs into yours? ...

ps. my guess is the dampers were added on to meet North American
requirements.

walter buchignani
in montreal