Car Covers & Care

  My two cents in the car cover discussion:

     I too have an Evolution 4 cover for my spider, purchased from IAP.  I've
had it and used it for the last three years, one full year ouside on the car,
and since then on the car in our new garage.

     Botom line:  My cover is holding up great, no dust from the cover, no
damage to the paint.  Could part of the problem that some of you are
experiencing be due to pollution.  As I recall one of the posters is from
Galvaston, Texas.  Could the combination of pollution deposits, heat and rain
make the Evolution 4 material decompose?  I (and the car) are located in a
rural part of Maryland, in an area with moderate air pollution, and generally
we don't have the intense heat of Texas.

    The cover has been washed once.  Extra large capacity washer on gentle
cycle, cold water and woolite detergent, figuring if it won't tear up lingerie
it should be OK for a car cover.  The cover was then air dried while stretched
over my pick up truck, AKA Italian Car tow vehicle.  So far, so good.