Re: Track tires for 75 3.0V6

> From: Nizam Zambri <nizam@domain.elided>
>
> Enough history.  Now let's say I'm *going* to go the soft compound way.  What
> do I gain or lose by wrapping them around my 16" wheels, or even get an even
> lower-ratio tires put on a set of BBS 17" wheels?  I'm curious about how my
> suspension would react to 205/50/16 or the more radical-low-budget-touring-car
> 205/45/17 size?

Since I do have the 45 profile tires, and used to run 50s, I have the
place to say a word or two.

205/45 - DONT. You can try 225/45, but 205/45 is simply tooo thin.
Especialy if you want it on the 17 inchs, that means you have a lot more
weight whch slows suspention and relies more on tires to absorb the
shocks and potholes on the road. The 205/45 doesn't leave you much
margin from ground to rim. Unless you get the ultra hitech rims that
actually weight less and and stronger than the stock 15"...

Now look at fitting.

The 205/50/16 currently rubs at lock-lock position. By calculation
it is about 16mm larger than 195/55/15.
205/45/17 is about 20.8 mm larger than stock, you may need to remove the
plastic wheel well mud guard. (hey! it's a track car isn't it? :)

My thinking is to use 225/45/16... but then that is not proven unless
someone had experience with this size on their milanos. This is 13.4mm
larger than stock. Should fit fine.

BTW, Those who's interested in my wheels (I am going back to 15 inchs
wheels) The order I placed with Compomotive Wheels have just arrived
to the US, and I should be getting them later this week if not early
next week. FINALLY!! (took nearly 3 month to deliver! )
So my 16" wheels are finally up for grab ...
Team Dynamics Suuper Touring 16x7.5 + AVSi 205/45/16 (watch the potholes!)
and all the cromed and keyed lugnuts. Tire under warranty. The set is
approaching 9 month old now.

Jess <--- silly-come valley of california