Milano Rear Springs...

Good evening...

I'm in the process of doing some work on my '89 Milano Gold and am
toying with the idea of installing new springs. My question concerns a
brand called APEX springs.. Apparently they are the springs used on the
BTCC etc. Alfa cars..??. An independent parts dealer up here has a set
of these in yellow for the Milano and says they lower the car from 1" to
1.75". They cost $175 (Canadian). With Shankle Springs costing $100US
and with the dismal loonie, and shipping charges, the difference in cost
will be negligible. Does anyone out there have experience with APEX
springs or have opinions concerning the Shankle ones (in fact the entire
Shankle suspension kit: sway bars, torsion bars etc..)

Any help is much appreciated....

As well, the parts store claims that these particular yellow Apex can't
be found in the U.S... Any comments?....

Thank you to all in advance who reply...

Philip Gicante
London, Ontario Canada
pggicant@domain.elided