Re: iMacs & Montreals

Jonathan,

> In message , Regan Dale Copple <copple@domain.elided> writes
> >For folks like me who can't
> >even afford to buy a regular computer, it will be a long time before I
> >ever consider buying something that is lacking a basic feature of all
> >computers previous to this.                                    Regards,
> >                                       Regan Copple
> >                                       79 Spider (Off to Berkeley) =^>
> >                                       73 Montreal (Into storage) =^<
> >
> I'll trade you a pentium II with disk drive for your Montreal, deal?

	IDFTS.  (Think about it)

	Oh and just a short note to all who replied to me about my
supposedly mistaken idea that the iMac has no memory whatsoever.  I am
fully aware that the iMac has a HARD DRIVE but not a DISK DRIVE for disks,
the removable kind.  Not the kind built into your computer.  If you'll
look back at my original post you'll see that's what I said.  I don't know
about anyone else but when I am talking about a computers intrinsic memory
I refer to it as the hard drive, anything else is called a disk drive.
And as for someone's comments about a disk drive being a marginalized I/O
device (they shall remain nameless...........ah screw it, it was Hal
Taylor) that may be (....and Bruce Giller) true in some places and
job fields (....and Dave Ziglin) like engineering and computer science
(....and Jess Liao and Jay Negrin) but it is far from being true for
everybody. (.......I think that's everyone)  And everybody else is who
buys the majority of computers. (.......Whoops forgot about Will Owens)
Besides Hal, your comments border on downright sneering at my opinion,
which is not something that is done here on the AD, Alfa content or not.
If I'm mistaken about it, I'm sorry but I talked to some of my friends in
CS and some of then admittedly did disagree with me about floppies (CS
majors are notorious snobs, and hardcore conformists whether they want to
admit it to themselves or not) but some did agree with me so I don't think
DISK DRIVES (capitalized just to show I know the difference) will not be
faded out just yet.  If you don't agree with what I've said, fine it's
just my opinion and nothing more.  I'd apologize about the lack of Alfa
content here but I've seen others do far worse and this is one of the few
non-Alfa posts I ever send in each year so ciao!

						Regards,
						Regan Copple
						79 Spider (In Berkeley)
						73 Montreal (In LA)

"Black cars look better in the shade." - Gino Vanelli