GTV-6 Exhaust (Opinions Please)

todd, you said:
>I have a 1981 GTV6 that is highly modified.  My current exhaust system
>consists of
>Shankle headers, Ansa center and Ansa rear.  I do not really like the
>Shankle Header as it
>seems to be made poorly, hangs down to low to the ground (my car is
>lowered) and seems
>to put out alot of heat in the engine bay.  I was thinking about removing
the Headers
>and putting the original cast iron manifolds back on with the Shankle
>down pipes to bypass
>the cat.  Would I lose alot of power by doing that or cause any problems
>with my modified motor??  Should I wait for the STEBRO headers to be
>produced and buy those??  Please tell me
>what you guys are running for exhaust systems and your opinions of them.
>I have also heard that headers are really for track events and not great
>for street use, is this true and why??
>Anyway,  cant wait to hear all of the opinions you guys have for me.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Todd Hoppens   '81 GTV6
i had ansa exhaust on my verde - i was so glad when it finally rusted out - i
hated the sound.  i recently got a stebro center section for it, and a center &
rear for the 164.  the fit-n-finish are outstanding - i'm waiting for their
hedder system for the gtv6 & milano.  budget allowing, both are gonna get the
full stebro treatment.

one person's opinion,

doug s.