GTV-6 Exhaust (Opinions Please)

I have a 1981 GTV6 that is highly modified.  My current exhaust system
consists of
Shankle headers, Ansa center and Ansa rear.  I do not really like the
Shankle Header as it
seems to be made poorly, hangs down to low to the ground (my car is
lowered) and seems
to put out alot of heat in the engine bay.  I was thinking about removing
the Headers
and putting the original cast iron manifolds back on with the Shankle
down pipes to bypass
the cat.  Would I lose alot of power by doing that or cause any problems
with my modified motor??  Should I wait for the STEBRO headers to be
produced and buy those??  Please tell me
what you guys are running for exhaust systems and your opinions of them.
I have also heard that headers are really for track events and not great
for street use, is this true and why??
Anyway,  cant wait to hear all of the opinions you guys have for me.

Thanks in advance,

Todd Hoppens   '81 GTV6