machanics

jim,

i'm glad paul treated you rite - mebbe i'll give him a jangle if i need
something exotic in the future.

what really got me about that 'other' guy up your way, was that he said i would
have my gears in 4-6 weeks;  then after over two months, he said he did 'em and
ups'd 'em down to me.  well, i never got 'em, and he said the ups guy dint scan
'em in, so they couldn't be traced.  he said he had some 'other' gears coming
that he could use, i'd get 'em in another couple of weeks.  well, over a month
later, and the same story - ups lost 'em, and couldn't trace 'em.  but he had
ANOTHER set coming,  - well, i had him send this set to merritt carden, in ca,
so HE could liten 'em.  merritt got 'em in three days.  at the same time he sent
merritt the gears, he sent me a lsd clutch pack i'd ordered, to increase the
lock-up - i also got 'em in three days.  the funny thing was, that i got his
bill for the clutch-pack the day before i got the gears - never got a bill the
1st two times; i guess they also got lost in the mail!

merrit had a set of gears on-the-shelf ready to go - he mailed 'em to me
immediately - before i sent him any $$$, and before he got his replacement gears
from that 'other' guy.  that's service i can relate to!

would i ever use that 'other' guy again?  well, he did get me that
clutch-pack...mebbe i'd use him for specialty parts if he had 'em on-the -shelf.
otherwise, probably not.  but i don't have real proof that he DINT really cut &
send me 2 sets of gears, so should i rat him out?  i think the few people who
can figure out who he is, is enuff, in this case.

doug s.