concourse etc.

> Just returned ...
>
>     I am wondering whether a true Laguna Seca fan can recommend the best
> viewing location?  The sheer size of the track suggests it would take
> several years attendance to locate the best spot.

I reckon I'm as big a fan of Laguna Seca as any.  I attended the SCCA
nationals in 11/57 that inaugurated the track (and many more events as a
spectator), I've raced F Production and E Production Alfas, and I've flagged
corners (I ran turn 3 last weekend).

As with any worth while track, the very best spot to see Laguna Seca from is
the seat of a competitive race car.  My favorite turns to work are 8 and 5.

To spectate, you can see about 2/3 of the track from near the top of the hill.
While the cars aren't close, you can see most of a race play out from up
there.  If you want to get close to the cars, just go over the crest to 8 and
8A, one of the greatest turns in motor racing.  My brother and I early amde a
habit of watching the start of a race from near the crest, then running to 8A
for the thrill of seeing/hearing the packed field blast out of the Corkscrew.

chrisp