165R14 tires on lowered GTV

I'm interested in putting on 165R14 size tires on my 74 GTV.  I
currently use BWA alloys (14 x 6) and have Ward & Dean springs which
lowers the car a little bit.  Has anyone have any experience with this
setup or similar setup because I'm concerned about tire clearance.
Also, the tires I'm looking to get are called Freidastar(?) Sprints,
Dutch made and S-rated.  Anyone heard of them?  Or should I go with
175-70-14 tires?  I've the read the tire articles in Alfa Owner, the
Southern California Owner's newsletter, and Mid-Atlantic Owner's
newsletter; and currently use 185-70-14 but would like to return to
original tire size and vintage handling, even if it means less grip.
Thank you in advance for any reponses.

- -Kenn