Re: 164 timing pulley removing

I've pulled the pulley off the cam shaft without any special tools. I
purchased a large 3-jaw gear puller, applied it to the timing pulley
with as much force as I could get out of it, then wacked the pulley from
the back (cylnder head) side with a large brass hammer. The timing
pulleys both popped off after a couple of blows with the hammer.

I know this technique is not factory approved, but I learned it from a
factory trained Alfa Mechanic in Italy. He said it's easier than the
special tool!

- --Mike Janke
1991 164s