spider suspension

My 87 spider is in need of some work.  This past week it has developed a
groan when turning ledft at speed.  I looked under there and some bushings
are in need of replacement as they are cracked and torn.  How difficult is
this to repair in the driveway?  I would like to replace all the
bushings and associated parts that are worn.  I have all your basic hand
tools, but no special ball joint pullers or similar tools.  SHould I just
have it done at my mechanic's?  The car has 104,000 miles and is in need
of some updating.

Thanks,
Chris